DEEPIKA TANDUKAR | CORPORATE PERSON OF THE YEAR
Deepika Tandukar is the Chief of Staff & Chief Human Resources Officer of Golyan Group. Her purpose is to spark magic between people, passion and opportunity for the benefit of the business, society and for everyone.
She is an HR leader with over 11 years of global experience across the entire gamut of HR activities with expertise in driving HR transformational initiatives, Change Management, HR Capability Building and Industrial Relations.
Currently, She is responsible for HR, Corporate Services and Governance functions for Manufacturing, Hospitality, Renewable Energy, Construction, Agriculture and Financial Services.
She is specialized in HR Strategy, Process Automation, Total Rewards Strategies, Organizational Development, Change Management, Business Revitalization, Growth Enablement, Human Resources Transformation, Net Promoter Score, Employer Branding and Service Delivery, Human Capital Strategy & Management.
SABITA MAHARJAN | COTTAGE AGRO INDUSTRY OF THE YEAR
SHRUTI SHARMA | EMERGING BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR
Founder /director : Kinderpillar academy Itahari sunsari
Owner : Flames Restro Cafe Kathmandu
Member : Morang byapar sangh
Board member : FWEAN Morang chapter
Past board member :NYEF sunsari
Past president : Rotary club Biratnagar central
Regional chair WOMEN IN ROTARY
District member :DEI committee Rotary
Regional representative NEPALI CONGRESS MORANG
AWARDS: Women entrepreneur award by PM SHER BD DEUBA
Women entrepreneur award form marwari sewa samiti (Brahman samaj)
Winner WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE in BIRATNAGAR Winner of “WOMEN ON WHEELS “
Treasure hunt organized by ROUND TABLE many recognitions received as chief guest for various Programms.
Very active in social service and has done many big projects in the eastern region in the area of mother and child . Funds education of few girl children and safe pregnancy and maternal health .Has helped Amy Covid patient to reach hospital on time by dropping them herself in her car .also an aspiring political leader of Nepali Congress. Takes pride in being a single parent to a 10 year old girl ..
SUDARSHAN RAJ SHARMA | EMERGING BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR
Meet Sudarshan Raj Sharma founder and chairman of the leading venture group of Nepal Sahara Global Business Group Pvt.Ltd.Currently,serving in the sector of Hydropower,Hospitality,and medical sector in Nepal.”Self education with dedication is his motto of life”.He is continuously engaging in skills in the different sectors of Nepal. He is stepping the milestones.
When it comes to problem-solving he is patient and dedicated to facing problems and has the good quality to understand the circumstances. Because of his hard work he has received numerous awards including the “People service award-2079 “ from former Attorney General Khil Raj Regmi.Furthermore,he also got the respected “young achievers award-2078” from chairman of Nabil Bank respected Upendra Poudel.He has the good quality to provide opportunities to the new entrepreneur and help them to get the specific platform.
Sahara Global Hospital Pvt. Ltd
We founded the hospital with the goal of providing health benefits to the people at a reasonable cost. We also intend to introduce good technologies here because we have limited health facilities and must seek treatment overseas. Sahara Global Hospital strives to become South Asia’s preferred health-care destination.
Sahara Education & Management Pvt. Ltd
Our school management sector is brimming with upgraded technology, and our sole purpose is to ensure that everyone has access to a high-quality education.
Sahara Construction & Architecture Pvt. Ltd
Our country still doesn’t have enough good construction and architecture projects, therefore I became interested in it. My team and I are constantly conducting research in order to create the finest structure possible.
Sahara Hydro & Energy Pvt. Ltd
Hydro power and energy is one of the most basic and necessary industries, and it has been rapidly developing in recent years, so our organization also wants to contribute to and develop the hydro and energy sector.
Sahara Multi Agro & Farming Pvt. Ltd
Nepal has amazing terrain for farming, and the only thing it lacks is good and simple technology. That is why we established this industry, and we will do everything we can to improve the agriculture sector.
Sahara Hospitality & Management Pvt. Ltd
How can I overlook the hospitality sector in a country like ours, where mountains and forests are the greatest glory? We have attempted to make the most of our natural beauty, and as a result, our first hotel is nearly complete. Our objective is to empower tourists as well as Nepalese citizens about how gorgeous Nepal is through my hospitality sector.
Sahara Television Pvt. Ltd
Through technological resources, we can go anywhere and learn anything. As we’ve seen it expand, and the scope to which we’ve expanded this field.
For the entire Sahara team, this is the most special sector. We use a portion of the profits from all sectors to support the underprivileged people through our foundation. For many years, we have assisted people in getting an education, health facilities as well as for employment opportunities.
SEEMA GOLCHA | GLAMOUR ARTIST PERSON OF THE YEAR
She’s a Standup comedian, a self-taught Ventriloquist and a TEDx speaker. Ventriloquism is a dying art and she has reintroduced this age-old art in Nepal, being the only ventriloquist in the country. She was an In-house Comic at Canvas Laugh Club India for 2 years and has been performing regularly in Nepal and India.
Her unique act and razor sharp wit has taken her to perform on international platforms like Dubai, Bangkok, USA. Her most highlighted spot was at the renowned Gotham Comedy Club in New York, where she shared the same stage with the legends of comedy, Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno.
Her easy humour and one of a kind ventriloquism acts makes for a suitable platform for a wide range of audiences. She has delivered humorous and motivational performances for organisations like EO, YPO, Rotary, Round Table,
Toastmasters, FICCI Flo, TEDx and corporate events.
Seema also has age appropriate content for children and youth as she has extensively performed for school children and colleges in Nepal and India. Her notable performances have been at Mood Indigo – Mumbai, Lady Sriram College – Delhi, St. Mary’s school – Mumbai, Lincoln School – Kathmandu and many more feathers to her cap.
Through Zoom Seema has travelled around the world from Japan to Sri Lanka entertaining audiences from toddlers to senior citizens
NELLY GEISS | LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT
SUNEERA REGMI PAUDEL | PROFESSIONAL INTRAPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
• Postgraduate from IIT, Mumbai in Aerospace Engineering (Specialization: Aerodynamic)
• Undergraduate from National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering (Affiliated to JRN Rajasthan, Udaipur) in
• MS -Office
• Linear Programming: MATLAB
• Nov 2021-present Deputy Director – Flight |Review Department – NAC
• 2014-present Manager – Senior Flight Operations Engineer- Nepal Airlines
• 2017-onwards Ground Instructor- A330-243(Performance and Weight &Balance)
• 2019-onwards Chief, Technical Document Control Unit, Nepal Airlines
• 2013-onwards Ground Instructor- B-757, MA-60 and DHC-6/300 (Performance and Weight & Balance)
• 2009-2014 Flight Operations Engineer–Nepal Airlines Corporations
• 2008-2009 Intern Trainee(Volunteer)- NepalAirlinesCorporations
• 2007(winter) Junior Technician Trainee (Practical training)-Buddha airlines Pvt .Ltd.
• 2005(winter) Volunteer (Initial Training) Trainee -Nepal Airlines Corporations
PRENSA REGMI | RISING STAR OF KIDS
Eight-year-old Prensa Regmi from Birauta, Pokhara is using her free time for social work.
From the very start of the lockdown in March, she started garnering praise for distributing surgical masks at a nominal cost to those who could pay and totally free to those who couldn’t.
Prensa studies in Pokhara’s Sishu Niketan Boarding School and is currently in the third grade. With the school closed due to the lockdown, she decided to utilise her time to contribute to the society. So, she used Rs. 15,000 that she had with her, to which her father added another Rs. 15,000, and bought masks worth Rs. 30,000 for distribution.
In addition to distributing masks, Prensa also runs a food bank where those who can, donate food items like rice, pulses, cooking oil and salt and those who can’t, take what they need. This young social worker lives by a noble belief. “We need only start from our homes to develop the society and the nation. We need not give much. A handful is sufficient. No one should go hungry,” she shared.
Furthermore, Prensa also wants to help students like her with their studies. That is why, she also distributes free exercise books, pens, pencils and others stationery items. Her parents run a stationery shop Namaste Stationery in the city.
Even before the lockdown, Prensa used to use her lunch money to feed the helpless people sitting on the roadsides. These days, her hours are spent going around Pokhara, getting on metro buses, distributing free masks and teaching people how to wear them. She advises everyone she meets to follow the government’s safety protocols against the coronavirus.
BINAY JUNG BASNET | SOCIAL ACTIVIST OF THE YEAR
बेवारिसे लास ब्यबस्थापन तथा बेसाहारा को लागि पुनर्जिवन केन्द्र मार्फत आफ्नै पहलमा सामाजिक सेवा…।
बिगत १२ बर्ष देखि सडकमा अलपत्र परेकाहरु या आफन्त बिहिन भएर बेबारिसे बनेका लासहरुको ब्यवस्थापनमा खट्नु हुने दाजु बिनय जंग बस्नेत लाई आज अन्तरास्ट्रिय अवार्ड दिएर सम्मान गर्नुभएको देखेर धेरै खुशी लागेको छ! तपाईं यो दौडानसम्म आइपुग्दा धेरै आलोचना खप्न्नु परेको थियो आज ती आलोचना गर्नेहरु नि आज बधाई,शुभकामना दिदैछ्न! आलोचनाले झन थप आत्मा बल बढ्छ भनेको साच्चिकै हो रहेछ ! राम्रो काम गर्नेको मुल्यांकन गर्नेहरु नि छन ! यो सम्मानले अझ धेरै जिम्मेवारी थपिएको छ तपाईं प्रती आगामी दिनहरुमा नि यसैगरी बेवारिसे ब्यवस्थापनमा खटिनु होला दाजु शुभकामना !
TSERING WANGDO | SOCIAL ACTIVIST OF THE YEAR
SOBER RECOVERY WOMEN’S DRUG & ALCOHOL TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION CENTRE PROVIDES TREATMENT & REHABILITATION FACILITIES TO WOMEN WHO ARE INTO ADDICTION
SANGITA KHADKA | YOUTH ICON OF THE YEAR
Degree: B.A in Gender and Diversity in Rheinwaal University, Kleve, Germany
Semester Abroad: Sociology Major in Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan, United
States of America
Current Study: Pre-master’s in health science, University of Twente, Enschede, The
Organizations affiliated with:
• Young Feminist Ambassadors (YFA, The Netherlands)
• Tambola Facilitator/Youth Co-ordinator (German Nepal Friendship Association,
• Young Feminist Weekend 2021/2022 Organising Team (Dutch Women Council Den
• International Volunteer (Stitching Intercultural Vrouwencentrum Enschede, The
• D66 Losser (Political Party, The Netherlands)
• Member of the Soroptimist International (Enschede Dunya, The Netherlands)
• Member at UN Women Nationales Komitee Deutschland e.V.
• Kiran Fond Haaksbergen, The Netherlands
• NGO CSW65 Representatives from the Dutch Women’s Council, The Netherlands
• Volunteer Tiekerhook at ZorgGroep Sint Maarten, Overdinkel, NL
• Global Peace Europe (Program Officer Netherlands)
Lobby (Brussels, Belgium)
• External Relation Manager AIESEC Twente, (Enschede, The Netherlands)
• National Model United Nations (NMUN) Head Delegates (New York, U.S.A)
• Participants of Regional Forum on Sustainable Development for the UNECE Region
• 2020,2021,2022 (Geneva, Switzerland )
• Delegate Harvard College Project for Asian and International Relation by Harvard
• District Co-Ordinator Kidney Foundation Overdinkel, The Netherlands
• Top 7 position for City Council Election through D66 Political Party For Municipality
of Losser, The Netherlands (being only a young immigrant woman)
• Nepal Red Cross Society Bhaktapur, Nepal
• Deutsch Language B1
• Neuro Linguistic Programming and Life Coaching Practitioner (NLP)
• Dutch Language A2
• CAPNET: WY-01-21EN From Learning to Leading: beyond the ABCs on
• Youth, Water and SDGs provided by UNESCO Chair on Education for Sustainability
and Global Citizenship
• Montessori Training, Nepal Career Training Foundation (CTF)
Award and recognition
• Most Inspiring Woman 2020, Twente, The Netherlands
• Head Delegate National Model United Nation Conference New York, U.S.A
• Speaker at several conferences held globally.
• Campaign to Eliminate Violence Against Women and Girls through Soroptimst
International Netherlands (Orange The World)
• Campaign to Eliminate Gender Based Violence through local municipality in Losser,
The Netherlands (Orange The World)
• Providing Shelter, education and trainings to trafficked returnees victims in
Bangladesh through Soroptimist International club Enschede Dunya, The
• Building school to earthquake affected area in Gorkha Nepal through German Nepal
Friendship Association (DNG), Germany
• Providing scholarship to underprivileged children through Kiran funds Haaksbergen,
Enschede, Netherlands in Pokhara, Nepal
• Campaign to Free A child from Prostitution and trafficking “Lock Me Up” through
Free A Girl organization, The Netherlands
• Young Feminist Weekend in the Netherlands
• Collecting funds for Kidney Foundation Overdinkel, The Netherlands
• Ambassador World Literacy Foundation 2021
• Ambassador Global Youth Summit 2021
• Representative from Dutch Women Council in CSW65 2021
• Representative from Soroptimist Netherlands UNECE Region 2020/ 2021
• Delegate ECOSOC Youth Forum 2021/2022
• Delegate Generation Equality Forum Paris and Mexico 2021
• The Netherlands Youth representative for World Bank Group Youth Summit 2021
• Youth Delegate, World Youth Parliament for Water 2021
ROJA KIRAN BASUKALA is MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSON OF THE YEAR 2022!
- Working as a Deputy Director in Spectrum, QoS and Service Delivery Monitoring Section of Nepal Telecommunications Authority since April 2019
- Worked as a Deputy Director in Spectrum Management Section of Nepal Telecommunications Authority since August 2017
- Working as an Assistant Director in Engineering Section of Nepal Telecommunications Authority since April 2010
- Worked as a Research Assistant in Computer Network and Information Security Lab in Department of Information and Communications Engineering in Chosun University, Korea from March 2008 till January 2010
- Worked as an Associate Software Engineer in D2 Hawkeye Services, Nepal from February 2007 to February 2008 in Oracle and RTML
- Worked as a part-time faculty in Department of Statistics and Computer Science, Patan Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University to deliver lectures and conduct practical labs for Image Processing and Advanced Database for B.Sc. CSIT students since March 2011 to January 2014.
- Worked as a part-time faculty in Department of Computer Science and Information Technology, Amrit Science Campus, Tribhuvan University to deliver lectures and conduct practical labs for Image Processing, Managing Windows Server Environment for B.Sc. CSIT students since February 2011 to January 2014.
- Worked as a part-time faculty in Department of Computer Engineering, Khwopa Engineering College, Purbanchal University to deliver lectures and conduct practical labs for “Image Processing and Pattern Recognition” for Computer Engineering students since November 2010 to April 2010.
- Worked as an Assistant Lecturer, delivered lectures and conducted practical labs in “C/C++ Programming” in Department of Computer Engineering, Khwopa Engineering College, Purbanchal University, for B.Arch and B.E. Civil Engineering students from November 2006 to April 2007
- Vice President, Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation in 2020
- Life Member, Women in Information Technology in 2019
- Founding Member, Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation in 2018
- Federation of Computer Association of Nepal, Member of Women in IT Committee in 2015 and 2017
- Nepal Engineering Association: General Member in 2009
- Nepal Engineering Council: Computer Engineer; Category ‘A’ in 2007
CONFERENCES / JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
• R. K. Basukala, K. J. Park, D. Y. Choi, S. J. Han, Secure Mobile IP Communication in Residential Networks, Heterogeneous Wireless Networks Workshop, Hobart, Australia, April 20-23 2010,
• R. K. Basukala, D. Y. Choi, S. J. Han, “ A study on secure multi-home roaming in residential networks with IPSec”, Proceedings of the 8th KIIT IT based Convergence Service workshop and Summer Conference, 2009, June 12.
• R. K. Basukala, K.H. Han, D. Choi, Y. B. Kim, S. J. Han, “QoS Assurance of Multimedia Traffic in Residential Network with Hybrid Co-ordination Function and Queuing Disciplines,” pp.767-770, 2009 Pacific-Asia Conference on Circuits, Communications and Systems, 2009 May 16 – 17 2009, Chengdu, China.
• R. K. Basukala, D. Y. Choi, S. J. Han, “Analysis of Secure Remote Access to Virtual Private Home Network with L2TP Tunneling Methods” The Journal of The Korea Institute of Maritime Information and Communication Sciences, Vol. 12, No. 12, December 2008
• R. K. Basukala, J. Y. Pyun, S. J. Han, “Analysis of QoS Assurance with PCF and Queuing Disciplines in Home Network” The Journal of The Korea Institute of Maritime Information and Communication Sciences, Vol. 12, No. 10, October, 2008
• R. K. Basukala, D. Y. Choi, S. J. Han, “PKI Based Home Network Device Authentication” 2008 Korea Information Society Scientific Conference, Mokpo University, 2008 May 23
• “The Women who are changing the face of Tech on Nepal”, The Kathmandu Post Daily, 4 January 2021
• The Annapurna Express 50 Visionaries, 25-31 March 2021, 1-7 April 2021, 8-14 April 2021, 15-21 April 2021, The Annapurna Express Weekly
• “NTA Initiatives on Cyber Security” Girls in ICT Day 2022 Celebration Publication on Access and Safety, April 2022
• “My Vision for Nepal | Bring governmental services to people’s fingertips” January 2022, The Annapurna Express Weekly
- Outstanding Youth Professional Award, 2022 by Nepal Engineers’ Association on 60th Engineers’ Day July 19, 2022
- National ICT Excellence Award 2022 (Woman) by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of Nepal, ICT Day May 2, 2022
- Best Employee Award of the year 2015 from Nepal Telecommunications Authority
- G-star (first prize) award for the Talent Show at 2nd Gwangju Together Day hosted by Gwangju City, Korea and organized by Gwangju International Center(GIC) and Association for Foreign Workers on 31st May 2009.
- Excellent Award in Cultural Program in IT International Students Fair (ITISF) 2008 in Korea organized by Institute for Information and Technology Advancement (IITA), Korea
- IITA Scholarship by Ministry of Information and Communication to study Masters Degree in Information and Communication Engineering at Chosun University, Korea in 2008
- First Position in 400m Relay in Sports Week 2004 in Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuwan University, Nepal organized by Free Students Union in 2005
- John Watkinson Memorial Scholarship to attend “Regulatory Master Class” organized by Interconnect Communications at Bath, England, 15-19 October, 2012
- First Position in Futshal organized by Nepal Telecommunications Authority, 2019
- Second Position in Female Marathon organized by Nepal Telecommunications Authority, 2013, 2012 and 2011
- First Position in Female Badminton organized by Nepal Telecommunications Authority, 2012 and 2011
- Program Co-ordinator of Girls in ICT programs for Nepal since 2013 at Nepal Telecommunications Authority
- Resource Person in several Girls in ICT events organised by NTA, RAN, WIIT, Teleglobe Nepal, Bits Innovation, Federation of Computer Association of Nepal, IT Federation Nepal
- Resource Person in “Government’s Role in making internet safer for children and young people online” on 29 July 2020
- Resource Person in “Role of Ethical Hackers in National Cyber Security Strategy” on 3rd June 2020
- Resource Person in “Kids, The Internet and COVID-19 How to keep our children safe” organised by CAN Federation Chitwan and npCERT
- Resource Speaker in “Safer Internet Day” organised by CSRI and npCERT, February 11, 2020 at Kathamndu
- Resource Speaker in “Nepal Cyber Security Meetup #1” organised by ICT Frame Pvt. Ltd. and npCert on April 4, 2019 at Kathmandu
- Resource Person in “VoIP Call Bypass in Telecommunication Service of Nepal” workshop organised by National Judicial Academy, Nepal and Nepal Telecommunications Authority at Surkhet and Dhangadhi from June 11-14, 2019
BHAWANI RANA- IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT FNCCI (CHIEF GUEST)
• Immediate Past President, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce
& Industry (FNCCI)
• Chairperson, Nepal-India Joint Business Forum
• Immediate Past President, Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs
Association of Nepal (FWEAN)
• Member, National Reconstruction Authority
• Member, National Tourism Council
• Senior Member, Investment Board of Nepal
• Ambassadress, World Union of Small and Medium Enterprises (WUSME)
• Goodwill Ambassador, World Book of Records
• President Entrepreneurship, Commonwealth Entrepreneurs Club
• Nominated Member, Tourism Revival Committee (headed by Minister)
• Managing Director, Hotel Sneha Pvt. Ltd.
• Chairperson, Sneha Agro
• Chairperson, Fortuna Health Care
• Director, Sneha Cultural Entertainment Pvt. Ltd
• Director, National Life Insurance
• Promoter, Himalayan Reinsurance Company Ltd
• Promoter, Himalaya Power Trade & Exchange Co. Ltd
• Received Kritimaya Rastra Deep Award from the President of Nepal on the
occasion of Constitution Day- 2021.
• Received National Award from the President of Nepal on the occasion of
Day – May 28, 2016.
• Received National Award as ‘Outstanding Entrepreneur Contribution’
(Tourism Sector) from
Ministry of Industry in March 2009.
• Received medal from Home Ministry in 2005 for serving the flood victims
of mid-west Nepal.
• Received Recognition Award from various national organizations.
Guest of Honor/ Jury
Mr. Suman Pandey, the President and founder of Explore Himalaya has been actively involved in the travel & tourism business for almost 20 years. He actively dedicates himself in promoting the entire Himalayan region of Nepal, Tibet, India and Bhutan in the international tourism arena. His zeal and enthusiasm has led the company to touch new heights. Under his leadership, the company became the second highest foreign exchange earner in 2007, among adventure travel companies in Nepal. A well recognized figure in the Nepal tourism industry, Mr.Pandey was awarded the prestigious Suprasiddha Gorkha Dakshin Bahu in the year 2004.
He was the President of TAAN (Trekking Agent’s Association of Nepal) from 2001-2003. He served as an Executive member of the Nepal Tourism Board from 2004-06 and is now in the advisory panel of the same. In 2008 the American Biographical Institute (ABI) based in the United States in Raleigh, North Carolina conferred the Lifetime Achievement award to Mr.Pandey in recognition of his contribution and achievement in the field of tourism and Himalayan adventure. He is marketing director of Chhaya Center.
Chairman – Subisu Internet/Cable Net Pvt Ltd
Founder- KASA/ Mount Everest Fashion Show/ Guiness World Record Holder
Founder President of Wellness and Spa Association of Nepal, Executive Director Tranquility Spa
ABDULLAH TUNCER KECECI
Country Manager- Turkish Airlines
Winner of 2020 Most Influential Women of the Year/ CEO NRN Infrastructure Development Limited
SPONSORS FOR AWARD
- True Cosmetics
- iamthe gardener
- Tranquility Spa
- Marcopolo Restaurant
- RSTCA Foundation
- Sanjivani Health Care
- Women with Vision USA
- The SG Gallery
- Kastamandap television
- A1 television
- Subha tv
- Yash television
- Dmarket (www.dtn.org.np)
- Business aristocrat (www.rstca.org.np)
- Women with Vision Youtube
- Women with Vision Facebook